As a chip manufacturing support engineer, you are the coordinator and interface between the chip manufacturing plants and the customers. After an extensive training, you get the responsibility of the entire process of tape out of the custom chips designed by the customers.
In this tape out process, you will handle the following tasks:
- Check and guarantee the quality of chips, designed by the customers.
- Prepare the chip design for fabrication at the foundries and help the customer with final sign-off (‘go’ for fabrication). You do this with the help of the most advanced CAD software programs.
- Have technical discussions with the customers to guide them in this sign-off process.
- Guide the customer in getting the required foundry information and documentation before, during and after the chip design and manufacturing.
- Follow up the projects from start to end and assure that all project milestones are met.
- Assist the sales team in technical discussions.
- Have technical discussions with the production plants that manufacture these chips.
Required knowledge and skills
- Master of engineering degree in electronics (“industrial engineer”) or equivalent by experience with a strong interest in electronics and the fabrication of chips.
- Importance of taking initiative, being client-oriented, being punctual and working in teams.
- Experience in IC layout and verification, chip fabrication techniques and/or tape out experience are welcome assets.
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English.
- You can adequately judge problem situations, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.