Our client is an international compagny with over 2,100 employees, spread across four locations in Mexico, the USA and Belgium.
At our office near Bruges, our more than 200 engineers and colleagues work on the development, testing, prototyping and production of high-technology transmission systems and subsystems for high-performance top-of-the-line vehicles !
The application software development team develops, maintains & calibrates the models which control the features & functions of the complete Dual Clutch Transmission. As Application Development Engineer, you are responsible for the development and optimization of the models which determine the control strategies. This involves analyzing the mechanical & hydraulic system of a DCT in relation to the customers feature requirements. After an initial period, you will get the responsibility over one or more modules within the application software. You integrate and test algorithms on a test bench, in the vehicle or by vehicle simulation.
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics or Electromechanical engineering.
- You have experience with Model-Based Design in Matlab Simulink or similar in relation to control technology.
- Software-minded and strong in analytic thinking.
- Strong interest in mechatronics.
- A strong interest in automotive is seen as a plus.
- Experience with Automotive test tooling (Canape, CANoe, …) is seen as an asset.
- Analytic thinker & problem solver.
- Creative mind.
- Able to work independent as well as being a team player.
- You are open to international travel when needed
- A high-tech environment full of creative and technical talent
- A varied job where you will be continually expanding your knowledge
- A dynamic work atmosphere in an organization with a low-level hierarchy and an international company culture with integrity, teamwork, innovation, institutionalism and leadership as defining values
- An easily accessible location with ample parking
- An attractive salary package including group & hospitalization insurance as well as meal & eco vouchers
- The possibility to partly define your salary package via a flexible benefit plan
- 20 legal holidays and 12 recuperation days (ADV) based on a 38-hour work week.
- Structural telework policy