Our client is a global leader in the telecommunications market. Their technology and products are trusted internationally and are used by over 100 international service providers, which also include Tier 1 carriers. With several R&D centers around the world, of which one in Heverlee (Belgium), our client constantly stays at the leading edge of technical innovation.
As Team leader/ embedded software engineer in the R&D Department, you will be responsible of a small team of 5 to 10 people and follow-up the development of software for the routers of our client. You will be surrounded by a multidisciplinary team in order to work on the development and integration of proprietary and third party technologies into a comprehensive and cost-efficient design.
Main Tasks and responsibilities;
- Manage a team of 5-10 embedded software engineers
– Estimation of the workload & resource allocation
– Daily follow-up of technical progress & issues
– Assist the team members during development
- Work closely with other team leaders and development teams
- Participate in architecture definition & write technical specifications
- Review coding of implemented modules
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects
- Create, implement and maintain technical documentation
- 60% technical development + assistance & 40% managing & leading your team.
- a Master Degree in Engineering or Software Development
- good communication skills & proven experience or ability to motivate & drive a team
- acquired a certain expertise in C coding
- a practical knowledge of networks, broadband and telecommunication environment
- experience with
– development of (Linux) drivers
– processor architectures (ARM/PowerPC/Intel)
– multicore development
– development & integration of data handling solutions (up to layer 4)
– 5 to 10 years’ experience in a similar position
- fluent in English (Dutch is not a condition sine qua non but is a huge plus, French is also an advantage)
- proactive and able to work in an international environment with cross-functional teams
- available ASAP
We offer you a position as a consultant within the fascinating world of high tech and engineering. We provide a total package with on one side training, coaching and a close follow up and on the other side a balanced salary package with fringe benefits based on your capabilities and experience. Working with us means choosing for a long term perspective, development possibilities and a personal approach.