As Senior Electrical Engineer for our client active in the medical sector, you are in charge of specification, design, prototyping characterization and verification of safe and effective electrical hardware for hearing implant systems compliant with quality, regulatory and manufacturing requirements. You will take ownership of electrical work packages within projects and be accountable for progressing and tracking these, taking initiative to resolve issues or escalate where needed.
- Be responsible for electrical design and development: electrical circuit schematics and PCB Layouts.
- Identify user needs and electrical design requirements for implantable components based on cross functional inputs (systems, (bio)mechanical, firmware, ASIC)
- Perform electrical circuit simulations using spice simulation software
- Find appropriate subcontractors/suppliers and establish close working relationships
- Ensure safety and efficiency of devices through rigorous testing
- Understand, follow and where needed suggest improvements to current V&V processes and procedures.
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables
- Work safely, complying with all safety procedures, rules and instructions: reporting workplace hazards, incidents or injuries to manager
- Understand, follow and where needed suggest improvements to current V&V processes and procedures
- Document and report developments and progress clearly
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of post-qualification design and development experience
- Experience with electrical CAD tools- schematic capture, simulation and PCB layout
- Knowledge and experience of electrical test principles and practices
- Experience/knowledge of electrical testing and applicable standards is a strong asset
- Experience with supplier and subcontractor contracts is a strong asset
- Pragmatic problem solver with strong inter-personal skills, team player
- Understanding of V&V principles
- Strong self and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We offer you a position as a consultant within the fascinating world of high tech and innovation. We provide a total package with on one side training, coaching and a close follow-up and on the other side a balanced salary package with fringe benefits based on your capabilities and experience. Working with us means choosing for a long-term perspective, development possibilities and a personal approach.