Is the maritime sector your passion? Do you dream of an international experience? Do you have a first experience in the naval field?
So you are the Technical Specification Engineer that we are looking for !
As Technical Specification Engineer (Project Based) you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Marine Engineering. You can be involved from the first proposal until final delivery. You will work, during the execution of the project, in a team of several engineers in order to deliver the required engineering output. Implements technical and practical knowledge into the design and takes care of all relevant data is stored accurately in the PDM-system.
You will contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, reviewed supplier’s documentation, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test and validation plans.
What will you do ?
- Set up (functional) technical specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based upon customer and design requirements
- Perform technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers in close cooperation with the purchasing department
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by customer and statutory bodies
- Engage in technical discussions to achieve comparable levels of compliancy for competing suppliers of the same product/system; (providing a good starting point for the commercial negotiation)
- Acquisite and review supplier engineering information and documentation; (i.e. mechanical drawings, schematics, calculations, electrical diagrams, etc.)
- Integrate delivered components/systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, statutory bodies and owner
- Provide input and updates for the engineering database; (i.e. purchase orders, parts, metadata, documentation)
- Perform required technical calculations to validate the design
- Compose technical/functional specification documents; (i.e. System Description Statements, HAT and SAT procedures)
- Verify technical performance of products and systems; (i.e. inspection of equipment at supplier premises, FAT’s)
- Offer technical support for commissioning activities
- Participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality
- Contribute to the further development of the engineering department.
What are we looking for ?
- Bachelor or Master degree related to the engineer discipline or proven work skills based upon experience
- Preferably two years’ experience in mechanical or marine engineering and with statutory bodies
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations
- Able to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors
- Personal characteristics: quality, planning and budget awareness
- Proficiency in Dutch & English language written as well as verbal
- Willingness to travel and work abroad occasionally
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and project
What do we offer ?
We offer you a position as a consultant within the fascinating world of high tech and engineering. We provide a total package with on one side training, coaching and a close follow up and on the other side a balanced salary package with fringe benefits based on your capabilities and experience. Working with us means choosing for a long term perspective, development possibilities and a personal approach.